Wild RICE SALAD
Derek and Chad Sarno
Such a simple favorite salad to highlight with that batch cooked rice. Freshness and crunch, and a touch of citrus to cut through the richness of the avocado.
- 2 1/2 C Wild rice, cooked and cooled
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, squeezed from skin
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped (can use basil/mint)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, or mix of your favorite toasted seeds
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or flax oil)
- 1 tsp sea salt
Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
Serve as a salad on its own or with greens.
Derek and Chad Sarno are two brothers on a mission to inspire you to cook and eat more plants, and to give back to other wicked organizations that are doing the same, so we can all see measurable differences in the health and lives of humans and animals globally. You can find this, and other recipes, at the Wicked Healthy Youtube Channel, follow them on Instagram or Facebook, and get more delicious recipes from their cookbook The Wicked Healthy Cookbook.
This recipe is reprinted with their permission.